.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

StrawMan

I sat in front of you
And let my mind unfurl
I knew it was infinitely inadequate
You looked off thoughtfully
Tapped your fingers on the table
Said you'd help me put it back
But you're not sure if you're able

I'm not a strawman, you can't push it back inside
Believe me, I've picked up the pieces and I've tried

You sat in front of me
Clean, nimble and able
And I wanted just to sit and weep
For all that is not common
For what is let go and what is held
For all things, inside and outside
That thoughtlessness has felled

I'm not a strawman, you can't push it back inside
Believe me, I've picked up the pieces and I've tried

The yellow brick road's in front of me
But I refuse to see where it goes
Chasing dreams and promises
As hollow as the wind that blows

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I'd love it if you added the Blue Mountains to your itinerary! I think Tim and Fi will be up here around then too, lotsa fun!

10:19 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Now I'm gonna have that song in my head all night.

"We represent the lolipop guild, the lolipop guild..."

(groan)

2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home