.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Not Blue


After all my singing and promises, the new bird is not blue. I went to pick up the blue bird, but the white bird (currently named peppermint - pepper or mintie for short) had so much more personality that I got over my "I don't like white indian ringnecks" thing and bought her instead. Oscar was sooooo excited!!! It was so funny. When he met her, he showed off heaps. We introduced them on the neutral territory of my arm and he did all of his noises and he held his wings slightly out from his body and any time she stopped showing him her full attention he pecked at her foot and when she looked at him - he started it all again:) I imagine there will be some jealous squabbling to follow, but that they will manage to come to some sort of arrangement. She is only young, but she's not going to let him push her around! This is a rare photo of Oscar taken with an actual camera (as opposed to the inbuilt hidden camera in the computer), because he bites you if you use a camera, but today even though he still looked at us grumpily he was distracted by pepper.

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Does that mean we can call the green one Spearmint?

And I'm sure I could make up some kind of a 'pecker' joke if I though about it for a second or two. Oh, wait, I kind of just did.

;-)

4:08 pm  
Blogger geoffandel said...

I want a bird! They both look very beautiful. :-)

I hope you have lots of fun with your two babies. :-)

El.

6:30 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

Soooo cute!
I am glad u were finally able to get another bird :)

10:48 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

Pepper... I like. :)
Can't wait to meet the second evil bird of yours. :)

10:13 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Aww, little cuties...

My computer is named Pepper! She smelt all spicy when she came out of the box.

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home