.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

one handed

Well typing is a labour intensive painful chore. Today I had an unexpected adventure. When I finished work I fell on a slippery embankment.... and felt an intense pain in my right wrist. I went to my car and tried to open the door - with my right wrist... that was quite painful and I had to sit in the car and wait for my dizzy spell to past. I was supposed to be driving to brisbane but when I rang Matt he said I had to go get my wrist xrayed. Unfortunately my practice was closed and I couldn't write myself a request form (plus I don't think the private radiology places are open on the weekend past lunch time) and so I had to go to the public hospital in Nambour. After driving and filling up my car with fuel, I went to the hospital, I had to park ages away because trying to do a reverse parallel park with one hand wasn't going to happen. The long and short of my three hour wait (which I felt I deserved having been so stupid as to fall over). Is that the xrays look normal to me but the consultant in emergency reckons he can see a crack through the distal head of my radius. I admit there is a lot of pain and a semi egg shaped swelling over the head of my radius which hurts like hell. Still I said no to a backslab because it wasn't to aid healing it was just to provide comfort and support and I felt sorry for the intern seeing me. So I just went and got a wrist support from the chemist. Still I now wish I had asked for some panadeine forte. that's all I can type, I'm exhausted, I'm not coming to brisbane this weekend now -too far to drive with my mong wrist.

5 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

OUCH, OUCH OUCH!!! that is what your wrist could be yelling really loudly at your brain if some scientist people are correct. Hope your wrist stops screaming soon.

5:41 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope it feels better soon! I had to go for an x-ray on my elbow after coming off my bike last year and it turned out all I'd suffered was 'soft tissue damage'- bruising inside the joint. Still, I couldn't move it at all for several days, and I didn't have full movement for over a month, so I think you're entitled to feel sorry for yourself whether there's something broken or not!

Bummer it has to ruin your weekend...

7:07 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Being injured is rarely fun. I think I've done my share, though I've never 'officially' had a broken bone. I've had a couple I'm pretty sure were cracked, but I found if I just kept from smacking into things for a month or so, they got better.

:-)

Hope yours feels better soon.

1:12 am  
Blogger Jade said...

Poor lovey!

I twisted my ankle once and when I took my boot off I nearly fainted because it looked so horrendous. The doctors in emergency couldn't believe it wasn't broken from the look of it.

Get better soon!

8:33 am  
Blogger Rach said...

Poor bec :(
Hope u got some panadeine forte in the end :)

5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home