.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Unexpected

Unexpected
In the most expected way
Something we worried about for 19 years
We lived with the fear so long
We grew complacent
It seemed
It would not happen
That perhaps our fear
Was unfounded
And certainly
It should not have happened

There is no comfort
We pretend there is
But just like the comfort
Job's friends offered him
It is a cold, cold comfort
What good is it knowing she is happy
For we are abandoned
And unhappy

4 Comments:

Blogger Zilfin said...

*hugs*

10:22 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I can't be there in person, but my heart will be nowhere else for a time.

1:47 am  
Blogger geoffandel said...

Bec, we are very sorry to hear what happened. We are keeping you and your family in our thoughts. *hugs*

El and Geoff

1:10 pm  
Blogger Suze said...

Hi Sweets,
It's amazing isn't it how something you know has been looming, threatening for ages, has the ability to shock and devastate when it actually arrives. I know 'I'm sorry' doesn't cut it, but it's the only thing we've really got in such a death denying society. My thoughts are with you and your family. I would love to know about her. What she was like, who she was etc..if one day you feel like talking about her. God, I don't even know her name. I found that helped me anyway, when Mum died.
Lots and lots of love.

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home