.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Slow Day

Whispering to myself
In a back room
I close my tired eyes
Wondering
Why poetry and beauty took wing
And left me with the whirring
Of airconditioning
With the flickering
Of a world existing
Outside
Without me
Tick-tock, tick-tock
Doing time
Counting time
On a slow January day
12 hours down
2 to go

5 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

Oooh! How many shifts left now? :)

10:06 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Yeah, but a slow day for you is a good day for the sick and injured, no?

3:37 am  
Blogger Suze said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!! Check out my blog and spill all...

10:01 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Four more shifts to go. Suze, got to be honest, I don't think I could come up with 5 things this week, will have to try again on that next week, when life is simpler...

7:28 pm  
Blogger Dz said...

Hello babe! How have you been? Hope you've gotten some rest. I know I am so glad that 2006 is over! Lol:)

3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home