.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Excitement X 2

Well two exciting things have happened this week. Firstly a little blackbird has a nest right outside our office and bedroom window (it's a corner so both windows face the one garden). As I hopped out of the car today, I noticed they were away from the nest and took a quick photo with Matt's phone camera (so it's shoddy quality but what can you do)...


The other exciting thing that happened was when I went to a caesarean the other day. It was an elective caesarean because they'd previously had a caesar. They had contemplated having a trial of scar, but in the end decided it against it, which was very lucky... I was there for baby catching purposes, but from an obstetric point of view it was very cool... When they dissected down to the uterus, the uterus had ruptured! So in fact the only thing holding the baby out of the abdominal cavity was the membranes.... So imagine.... Where you expect to encounter uterus, encountering membranes. That lady and her baby are very very lucky indeed! It's hard to explain exactly how cool it really was. The fact that the scar from the previous caesar had come apart, but that the membranes were still intact. Anyway.

Must away. Matt's sister and some of her friends are visiting, which is fun, but means I willl not be blogging much.

2 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

What's happened to your piorities girl? Not blogging? Scandalous!
:-)



Seriously, have a good visit.

12:54 am  
Blogger Dz said...

I agree with Pitto:)
great photo though, have fun with the visit.

10:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home