.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Neonate

It felt different then I thought
Your small ribs flexing beneath my fingers
As I drummed an incessant beat
Onto your heart
My two fingers
Made to look large
By your small body
One Two Three
One Two Three
One Two Three

4 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Hmm, interesting juxtaposition, kind of like the CPR waltz.
I hope the little person is all right.

1:36 am  
Blogger Dz said...

I can picture the litlle body now, so frail, and wounerable...
hard job you have *hug*

3:41 am  
Blogger Jade said...

When I read this I first thought you were talking about holding your friends baby and soothing it with your fingers patting his chest.

I hope the bub is ok...

8:27 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Thanks guys. The baby appears to be okay now, but took 10 mins post birth to try and breath for itself and pink up, so not sure of long term outcome.. Unfortunately today I was given a little more practice at resuscitation of neonates.

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home