.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Slide

Slide
Seamlessly extract yourself
No gap is left
Like the hoardes of hell
Someone new rises where you were
No one will remember your name
Three months gone
The good, the bad, the ugly
Left behind
And it leaves you
Feeling invisible
Weightless
As if you walked along a beach
And looked back
And there were no footprints
No impact

5 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

*hugs*
even if you feel that you haven't had an impact on the hosp staff, some patients will remember you. esp in ED/hours of needs stuff, as you're they're lifeline often.

10:49 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Previous comments on poetry aside, this one I get. Totally.

Welcome to the land of the invisible.

1:54 am  
Blogger marvin said...

a wise person once said,
"what is essential is invisible to the eye"

The little prince
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I highly recommend reading it if you can find the time.

6:58 pm  
Blogger Dz said...

you have so left an impact and the footprints are there not like the ones on sand that wash away but inside peoples harts.

1:10 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

You're all too nice, but I'm just not sure anyone notices I'm gone. Sometimes I almost hope really really bad residents come after me, so that it makes them miss me but that seems cruel to the patients.. Plus I know some of the residents replacing me - they are way better than me.

9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home