.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dreaming

I am a very active dreamer. I sometimes wake up and remember several dreams rather vividly. This morning I woke up and I was mulling over in my mind several of the dreams I had during the night, by the end of my busy day only one of them was left in my head. Of the rest not even a glimmer remains.

In the dream I remember having, I was walking down the street of a town I didn't know looking for a special shop. It was a candle/cafe store. It had all these amazing hand made sculpted candles, and it was a funky cafe. I was looking for it because it was Jade's shop. I walked in and it had all these funky thick rustic wooden tables and bench type chairs. There were all these people in the cafe from all different times in my life. Because of the atmosphere and the type of place it was, you just expected that you would run into people you know, even though it was in the middle of nowhere. I took a seat in the corner and tried not to be seen, because I wanted to watch Jade work without her knowing I was there. She sasheyed around the room like some presentient being, knowing exactly how to put each person at ease and what they wanted before they asked. Then suddenly she swung around and looked straight at me, came running over and hugged me and said "You made it". Then I woke up. But what I was trying all day to relive was the feeling in the dream. The atmosphere. Do you ever have that? Where the most important thing about a dream is the atmosphere, and you wish that you could find that somehow?

Moving on in my fairly random rambling post. I'm wondering how Sally is going... today the day a certain little munchkin is supposed to make a grand entrance to the world... I hope s/he is doing their thing!

I am very drowsy. I'm not sure why, it's not that late and I haven't worked that hard today. I just feel like closing my eyes. In fact currently my eyes are closed and my chin is resting on the desk as I type (courtesy of the fact that I am sitting in a camping chair and it is quite low and I'm all slumped over).

I wish I had chickens. Matt's sister has some chickens at the moment. Little baby ones. I wish I had baby chickens. They are so cute, and if they're the right kind of chickens they grow up and make eggs for you. I miss having birds. they're so soft and warm and friendly.

Well I must go, because otherwise I will just continue to ramble aimlessly, every so often opening my eyes and correcting my mistakes.

9 Comments:

Blogger timmar said...

That sounds like a good dream, unlike my one from last night.

I dreamt that, between helping a pregnant girl up an incredibly steep hill over and over again, I was trapped in an adventure game where I had to create linux (the operating system for computers) to save the world by feeding strawberries to a parakeet who sat by the computer due to my amnesia? :S

*shrugs* i shall join you in the eye closey sentiment *yawns* also, rambling is fun. Fun i tell you~!

And chickens are too noisy, stinky and annoying when they get older, grrr, cock a doodle *bang* in my opinion ;p

9:45 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Thats a great dream, and not just because Im in it...

You have made it.

10:36 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

If you can type in your sleep, do you ever wonder whet else you could do?
Once upon a time I spent some time working in a factory and it's kind of strange to discover that you can make rate with your eyes closed and head down. It only becomes scary when you actually see someone doing it. Oh did I mention rate is 1000 parts an hour on a machine that can take your hand right off?

12:15 pm  
Blogger geoffandel said...

My Mum has young chickens at the moment. One is a fluffy white silky that looks like a pompom and the other is white with lots of black spots. I will have to post a photo for you Bec cause they are awfully cute. :-)

As for your dream, I won't even attempt to decipher it! But I know exactly what you mean about the "atmosphere" of the dream. I often spend hours of a day trying to recapture mine also.

El.

4:41 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Chickens are great! Especially silkies, if you're not an egg-nazi (they go broody and swear at you, and then stop laying for a while after they go broody). If you hand-raise them from when they're babies they'll be as tame and affectionate as any other pet, and if they're girls they'll lay eggs. Bonus! My silky rooster did regularly try and kill people, but he was actually very affectionate, and extremely misunderstood.

Oh, and when they're babies and they fall asleep in your hand, they can't hold up their heads- they go all cute and droopy. I miss having chickens... definitely get some when you can, they're great pets :)

5:39 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

just remember, if you get chickens, to keep cecil away from them and their care....

6:12 pm  
Blogger Suze said...

Conversely, I hate it when you can't shake the feeling of a dream. Last night I dreamt that I was at Vs house and she was standing naked in front of the fire, after having a bath and we were chatting, and her son Albie was playing near us, and I was keeping an eye on him, cos he was close to the fire (big, black, pot belly stove) and V was distracted, and then he just turned into a little ball, that looked like a baby and starting spinning around the floor like a ball in a pinball machine. Really fast, and randomly. It was so freaky. At first V seemed annoyed, and as i got worried, thinking that he was fitting, she started to panic, and then I woke up. And now I'm really tired and have a yucky dream residue fog in my head.

12:57 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I love chickens, I think they would make a great pet too. We had silkies, bantams and normal chickens at matt's parents house and they were wonderful (gradually got eaten by various wildlife - foxes, rats, goshawks, matt's sister's dog). Cecil is only really a problem if they're vicious roosters. I wish I had baby chickens.

Suze, I know what you mean about the dream.. sometimes I get the icky feeling too. Although I'm so wishing Jade would open a cafe...

7:00 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Only if you guys are the chefs! I can do front of house and pizzas...

7:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home