.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Guests

Currently Matt and I have two guests staying with us. Matt's Aunty D and his cousing Dom. They all had a lot of fun without me the first part of the week when I was at work (doing things like MCG tours, not too sad about missing out on that). But now I have some days off and we are having a lot of fun. Monday night, Matt and Dom went to a chocolate making course (which certainly hasn't turned out to bad for us - we have been eating what they made), meanwhile Aunty D and I went to a really yummy chinese restaurant and had spicy salt and chilli prawns. Tuesday we wondered around the zoo a little bit, before heading out to a restaurant that I had read about in the paper and was desperate to go to. The Grand at Richmond has a "Bunny of the day" special, and why wouldn't you love a restaurant that had that? It is mostly italian style food. Wendy and I had prawns and quail respectively for entree, and it was delicious. The quail was tender and chargrilled and all things good. For main I had the crispy duck with juniper berry and orange sauce. I savoured every mouthful. Matt and Wendy had the bunny of the day - rabbit loin stuffed with veal and pork sausage (I think). Dom had some very yummy looking pasta dish. We had a really nice shiraz with dinner - Bailey's of GlenRowan, 1920's block shiraz 2003, I've got to go and buy some, really good for it's price. For dessert Dom had italian doughnuts stuffed with pistachio icecream and with something arather else. Matt had Jasmine sorbet, with caramelised blood oranges - it was a really unusual flavour, and quite yummy. Wendy and I shared lemon crepes with homemade vanilla icecream. It was perfect.

Today we drove around the Yarra Valley, wine and cheese tasting the day away. It was fantastic, and I spent too much money. We came home and made homemade pizzas (lamb, sweet potato, capsicum, mushroom, olive, garlic etc), we didn't have one of the wines we bought today, opting instead for The Laughing Magpie by D'Arenberg (I love D'Arenberg wines because the stories on the back of them and the names are so great, plus they taste superb). Anyway, I must go because tomorrow we're off to the great ocean road and we have an early start.

After dinner I have been outside poiing with the poi Tim bought me - they're glow in the dark rather then ones that you set alight.... All too sad, when I move back to queensland I will have to graduate to poi that you set on fire. What's the point if hitting yourself with them doesn't land you in the emergency department?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

I have to agree - you could definitely hit yourself hard enough...:)

Very jelous of all the lovely places, and of all the lovely food - I oftne find myself hungry, but dissatisfied with my food options after reading this blog

11:13 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

See, I think it's posts like this that are the reason the Japanese are trying to invent smell-o-vision. :-)

1:28 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

it's true, isn't it? we all sit there drooling after reading bec's blog. :(

otoh, pancakes made me peckish the other day too.... (thanks rachem. ;))

re poi - do you *really* want to end up in a qld hellth ED with burns?

1:46 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

it's from dad...

12:30 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Well, that was weird. I was just posting for the night and you must have been commenting at the same time. Kind of Twilight Zone. (creepy music playing)

:-)

3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home