.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Every Single Night

It was a very busy night last night, either that or everything took me ten times longer then normal because I have night duty brain and can barely function. On top of everything all night I was humming/singing/had going through my head, what I like to consider as Joss's ode to night duty. That is, I had a song from the Buffy musical episode in my head. Now all of you must have it in your head too. Being a vampire slayer is probably a lot like doing surg night cover I think...

*Going Through the Motions* (written by Joss the guy behind buffy)
(Buffy) Every single night, the same arrangement
I go out and fight the fight.
Still I always feel this strange estrangement,
Nothing here is real, nothing here is right.
I've been making shows of trading blows,
Just hoping no one knows,
That I've been going through the motions,
Walking though the part,
Nothing seems to penetrate my heart.

I was always brave and kind of righteous,
Now I find I'm wavering.
Crawl out of your grave, you find this fight
Just doesn't mean a thing
(Henchman) She ain't got that swing.
(Buffy) -pause- Thanks for noticing.
(Demon & Henchmen) She is pretty well with fiends from Hell
But lately we can tell
That she's just going through the motions
Faking it somehow.
(Demon) She's not even half the girl she...owww!
(Buffy) Will I stay this way forever?
Sleepwalk through my life's endeavor.
(Handsome Young Man) How can I repay...
(Buffy) Whatever!
I don't want to be
Going through the motions,
Losing all my drive.
I can't even see,
If this is really me,
And I just wanna be alive.
**************************************

That's just how night duty feels..... *bec walks away from computer humming "going through the motions"*

5 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

The perhaps disturbing thing is, is that i already had the buffy musical going through my head this morning...

10:26 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

that is very disturbing...

tho i had the first 2 lines of the owl & pussycat going thru my head this morning, coz i couldn't remember the rest coz i hadn't read becky's full poem but just the start of the post initally. :$

11:39 am  
Blogger Jade said...

Now I have 'The Owl and the Pussycat' in my head! :)

2:59 pm  
Blogger Suze said...

Wow, I don't know any Buffy songs, so have none of them in my head. But what i was going to say, is that I'm amazed at all the people who write out song lyrics. I can barely remember the names of songs, let alone the writers/singers.

3:49 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Well i am more of the google, copy, paste girl then the writing out lyrics girl.

4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home