.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Becky

Happy birthday to Becky! Hope you have a really great day!

Had a crap day. Well it ended crappy with a surg reg who was quite mean about something that wasn't my fault because when I saw the patient she was mad at me about I had immediately involved a senior doctor because I realised they were sick. Grr arrg. Anyway. Plus this pt who I'd seen the week before who'd had a positive CSF and who we'd all thought had meningitis, probably has primary meningeal lymphoma or somethingarather. Which seems like a bit more of a bugger.

For the past two days I've had a "shadow". A medical observer awaiting their registration. Basically follows me and watches everything I do. He's a nice guy, otherwise it might be a little disconcerting. Luckily I love to prattle on and on, and having someone with me makes it more socially acceptable.

Incidently the nice man from my story yesterday, did have a #NOF! The ambulance had told them that he didn't have one, and they didn't want to bring him to hospital, but the family insisted, which was lucky because he had to have an operation.

mmm... I think I smell dinner... braised fennel and steak with a red wine jus. Yumm. Must away to see if he needs help with dinner.

This post was interrupted immediately after I wrote that thing about dinner by a big yell from the kitchen. I walked in to find Matthew, the kitchen wall, the stove and the floor all covered in splashes of red wine jus..... apparently when he "flamed the wine" or whatever he was doing, there was a small explosion of red wine jus... He had red dots all over his face and neck. It was quite amusing. The dinner was quite yummy though, and we followed it up with a divine self-saucing chocolate pudding. Now I feel almost ill from all the rich food.

Must away to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dz said...

Happy B-day Becky:)
I love reading about your day,me dealing with "sauces being spilled"
on a daily basis seams so menial compared to life of saving lives...
Makes it more frustrating and harder for you since 'I know' it's a hard life,but thanks for choosing it:)
on the other not loved the sight of Matt with wine sauce and the fact that that didn't ruin the din....

9:30 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Sorry that work is less than fun, and why aren't you cooking somehting with pumpkins? :-)

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home