.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Joseph

Well Friday Matt and I were driving along and we saw a sign for an amateur production of Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat. So we rang up and went along. I always enjoy a live musical. They did pretty well with the costumes. The narrator was really good, and Joseph did a pretty good job, although he had more of a "pretty" voice than a strong voice. The females looked like they'd been to the rehearsals, and the guys who played the brothers looked like they really hated the dancing and practiced as little as possible. But it was entertaining.

Today we had breakfast at Malling road.... Since then we have planted a few seeds (lettuce, rocket, radiccio) as our lettuce and rocket is mature and soon we will be needing a new crop. Recently our garlic looked ready and we pulled it all out of the ground and I tried to plait it together the way you see it at the shops, but it was only partially successful. Some of the garlics made normal looking heads of garlic, some of them made only a single clove of garlic, but a really big one. The photo is the best I could do holding it in front of the tiny camera mounted in my computer.

Recently I had to buy a new stethescope, as mine stopped working. Apparently the appearance of cracks in your stethescope heralds its death. I realised that it was time when I was bending over patients trying to hold the cracks together so that the tube was still one long continuous tube and the sound would actually travel along it. It seemed pathetic, and perhaps not the message I was trying to send (or maybe it is, maybe if victorian doctors all carried little begging cans with "the government can't pay us enough, will you help?" the government might reconsider a fair wage for victorian hospital doctors). I now have a maroon stethescope (to show my queensland origins), that looks the same as the one here, but without the giant cracks (which were a bit tricky to demonstrate on camera, but I have tried).

This afternoon we have cleaned up the house, it had to be done *sigh*. I started picking all the junk mail off the floor of the lounge room, only to realise it had been protecting my feet from the dirt on the floor, so then I had to vacuum the floor, and once I vacuumed the kitchen floor, it seemed like probably it needed to be washed as well. Meanwhile there have been promising sounds coming from the bedroom that I'm hoping mean Matt has hung our clothes up in the cupboard and is now vacuuming. I'm only hoping that Matt will forget that he wanted to clean the car as well... mostly because he'll want my help. It's nearly three and I think I'll have tomato and cheese on crackers for lunch (this is one of my favourite lunch snacks especially if you soak the tomato in some balsamic vinegar and sprinkle it with sugar, salt and pepper).

Tonight's dinner: we will harvest some of our lettuce, rocket, coriander. We have bought tomato, carrot, capsicum, lemon and steak... Thai style beef salad - one of my favourite meals!

I think Becky will have left for Japan by now - hope you have a fun time!!! Take lots and lots of photos, and when we next are in Brisbane we will sit down and look at them and you and the two Matt's can reminisce about Japan, and I can sit there being jealous:)

5 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

nice stethescope. :)

hope your house stays clean for awhile. (i hate cleaning)

2:38 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I have a really old sphigmomanometer, the kind witht the upright mercury tube.
I think it still works, maybe you're just tough on your equipment. :-)

Oh, and if you move into the yard and close up the house it will never get dirty in the first place and you won't have to clean. :-) :-)

5:20 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

I spent the whole day cleaning today. Picked up Maxies toys. When he got home he promptly tipped them all out again. Kids seem to be magnets for little bits of plastic. I really must go through the toy basket and do a chuck out of all the fiddly little bits that don't belong to anything anymore. It would halve the cleaning time Im sure! Anyway, I'm definately trying that tomato balsamic thing for my next snack...

7:55 pm  
Blogger Dz said...

Absolutely love tomatoes, fresh moc. cheese and balsamic vin. plus some cracked pepper and sea salt...
yum.

1:16 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I find it hard enough to keep our house clean and it's just me and Matt... Children would be really hard!

9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home