.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Weary

It's been a rough week. Two neonatal resuscs. A new job. The other residents have only been trained in neonatal resusc today, so the rest of the week I was expected to "supervise" them (they're the same level as me so it was a bit weird). Matt's in Brisbane, and I'm here on my own. Tomorrow instead of having the day off, I have an advanced life support workshop for the entire day. I am weary. Bone weary. Plus I have sinusitis - I can't breathe through my nose, I can't taste, my face hurts and my mouth always feels dry from "mouth breathing". There endeth my whinge.

On an upnote, despite all that the song stuck in my head is "Good Day" by the dresdon dolls... it has fantastic lyrics, like the bit that goes "i'd love to have you up to see the place, & i'd like to do more than survive i'd like to rub it in your face..... hey! its been a lovely day! everything is going my way, i had so much fun today and i'm on fire" Yes. At least the music in my head is peppy and cheerful... Sometimes it ends up as a dresden dolls medly and goes into "girl anachronism" and "coin operated boy". Definately a Dresden Dolls week in my head.

I will write more when I have something either more positive or more interesting to say!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear you're sick and even sorrier to hear you won't get to spend the day in bed tomorrow. Sounds more appropriate than slogging through an all-day course, even if it is as important-sounding as advanced life support.

8:59 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Being sick sucks. :-(

Hope you feel better soon.






I'm not even going to type it, but 2Zs and a Q.

1:55 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

yay! 1 more rotation and you're back in sunny queensland where we can come visit you when you're sick. :)

*big hugs*

I hope the acls course went quickly and painlessly and you're asleep in bed this arvo rather than blogging. :)

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home