.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's a sinking feeling pulls me through the seat of chairs

Title stolen again, but it's such a perfect description of my week (esp last week)
"It's a sinking feeling,
Pulls me through the seat of chairs.
When will you come rescue me,
Find solace, and then take me there?
You'll say, You re not too tired for this life,
And it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice" - Snow Day by Lisa Loeb

Well a combination of the fact that work is exhausting and my computer is still in the "computer hospital" means I've been slack.

The other night I came home from my 14hour hellish (I got "lunch" at about 7.30pm, was so dehydrated by that point I felt dizzy) shift, exhausted and bloodied (unfortunate incident where I parted a vaginal wall to see the tear in it and an arterial spurt went straight out and down my v-neck top, nicely avoiding the plastic apron I put on to keep my clothes clean, and managing to get my bra and top), had a shower, scribbled in my notebook and went to bed.
Here is my scribbles:

I want to lay down
And not stand up again
I want to rest
Uninterrupted by tomorrow
I don't want the sun to rise
The bells to sound
I want to dream
Silent and still
I want to dream
A different life

I will lay down
But I will stand up again
It's a short rest
Because tomorrow is coming
The sun will rise strong and steady
The bells will sound
I will dream
Chaotic and restless
I will dream
The same life

3 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Okay, I get this one. Mostly because I've had those days too.

Hope it gets less crappy soon.

7:08 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

Counting down the days to GP land? :)

10:11 am  
Blogger Jade said...

Happy Christmas!

6:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home