.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

I'll Miss (aka Melbourne)

I'll miss trees that remind me of England
Autumn that believes in colours
Coffee that tastes like it should
Markets and fresh fruit
Trams and people who can't drive
Being paid like I never did a degree
Weather that's mindless of seasons
Gardens ignorant of sunshine
Walks where I pluck stonefruit
Drives in the Yarra Valley (sticks winery)
Cherries cheaper then chips
Shoes I can't help buying
Tea that makes me relax
Distance that gives me time
Food that puts me in heaven
Blackbirds that ruin my garden
Bagels I'm only half sure of
Guests on holidays
Melbourne

3 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Will there be a "moving" odyssey soon? :-)

11:24 pm  
Blogger Dz said...

Good luck honey!

6:07 am  
Blogger Suze said...

So what's the story Becois? Where are you going this time? Is Matt going too? Are you going back to Brisneyland to do your final something or other that you mentioned when I saw you in Melbourne? And unless you managed to source the tea you were so missing when you first moved down there, I'm not so sure tea is what you'll miss. Or the bleak, endless, winter days. The seas of people in black. The imagining of worlds you don't know about but assume exist because you can't see any activity. Different story of course in Summer, where you wonder where the hell all those people have been! Whatever you're doing, wherever you're going, I wish you well. I wish you more than well, I wish you eternal gratification and job satisfaction, and all the other good things in life.
xx

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home