.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, February 05, 2007

THE MOVE

It was very stressful packing whilst doing my last days of working in Melbourne. For instance, the movers actually came and took everything away on the thursday I was working my last day... I was quite happy to come home and find they had actually come. I arrived in Brisbane on Friday, and on saturday drove to Nambour, got the keys to the place, had a look around and drove back to brisbane. Matt arrived on Sunday afternoon having driven the car back, Sunday night I went to a resort for my training days. I had this dream that the stuff would arrive and be unpacked by the time I got to Nambour Tuesday night...

Drama 1: There was a silo fire in NSW and the train through there got shut down for 48 hours... our stuff was coming by train (for some reason our stuff didn't actually arrive until the monday after we moved in).
Drama 2: Our fridge didn't fit in the fridge space at the new place, so we're using the small fridge that we had in Melbourne... very sad
Drama 3: I bought a new very expensive bed, it is an ensemble... the bottom wouldn't go up the stairs, so we couldn't get it into the bedroom (we had to organise for them to make us as split base ensemble - still hasn't arrived)

The weather was awful for the first few weeks here, humid and horribly hot.

There were lots of small dramas along the way of all of those, which Matthew remembers better then me, because I went to work and pretended not to know about them!! Things like the real estate agent wanting to clarify the condition report after we wrote lots of things on it, the movers putting scratches in our big fridge and bending the legs on our little fridge, not being able to turn the stove on (turns out that in a completely separate part of the kitchen there was hidden an on button for it).

Anyway that was that and now we are here. Why I haven't posted for so long? No internet at home until now. That's the other thing, iburst doesn't have coverage here so I don't have instant internet like I did in melbourne - I had to get a phoneline!!!

A week or so after we moved here we finally got "our" computer. The our is inverted commas because apple had to give up trying to fix ours and eventually give us a new one, which is a bit of a pain as my scanner won't work with the newer imac (it being intel, can't run classic, I need classic for the scanner). Don't even get me started on the whole computer saga, that will have to wait, lets just say "customer service" my &^%ing foot!!

GP land - my first three days were everything the doctors in emergency said it would be - tears and smears. I didn't mind though, and things have settled down and I see lots of different things, and I feel quite overwhelmed!!! Eventually, I hope to know an answer.

Weekends - first weekend back went to Noosa where matt's family were staying, drank aged wine, ate steak with green peppercorn sauce, swam in the ocean. Second weekend we went four wheel driving with Matt and Becky and ate yummy food, swam at the beach, fished at the beach and swam at the beach some more. This weekend just passed, I drove to brisbane, saw my family, saw Tim and Fi, and went fishing at the gold coast with my brother. I am very, very sunburnt. I wore a long sleave shirt to work so patients wouldn't point at me and laugh.

6 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Let's trade some of our weather. I'll swap you a handful of hot and humid for a cup of cold and dry, then everybody can be comfy.

It's been sub-zero nights and low teens in the days for a while now. (That's all sub-zero to you Centigrade/Celsius folks. Remember, our zero is about -18 to you.)

I don't mind temps around where water freezes, I'm kind of comfortable there. When it gets down to our zero and stays there a while, things start getting brittle and then they break when you use them. Now I have to remember to roll the window down, use the outside door handle, roll the window back up, and then turn the key off. And I can't take the door apart and fix it, because the plastic will just break. (I'll stop complaining now, it's not like I'm moving everything I own. Did that enough to last me a while.)


:-)

5:03 am  
Blogger Jere Forsyth said...

Heyo! Glad your move wasn't perfect because if it went really well, then, you could see the calm, but not the storm! God bless and good luck in your new home, sounds like fun, to get stuck with swimming on the weekends!

Peace
Jere :)

5:19 am  
Blogger Dz said...

Wow you had so much going on. It is all over now so we can get back tothe normality of everyday life. To follow up on Pitto's story, it was -10 yesterday at 2pm, my nostrils were freezing.
Thanks for the kind thoughts this morning, lots of ups and downs, but I think I am working through it:)
Lol!

7:36 am  
Blogger Rach said...

wow - i'm glad its appeared to have settled down now :)

2:41 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Glad to see you back... bummer about the bed and the fridge, though!

7:24 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Hopefully things will settle, still waiting on the bed

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home