.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm a bad Mum


Well a week ago I had to do something I really don't like doing - I had to go to the vet and get my beautiful birds wings clipped:( You see he's taken into his head lately that when he's out he's going to fly into windows, landing amongst empty home brew bottles, or fly around crazily looking for somewhere to land until he's too exhausted to land properly. I have been quite worried for his safety. I felt very guilty. This is made worse by the fact that Oscar shrieked and shrieked the entire time the vet held him, and has been sulking and ignoring me ever since. He's a bird which is prone to sulking. He can still fly (which is what is supposed to happen) but he can't gain altitude instead he can flap down to the ground or the bench or from your shoulder to his cage. Oscar talks to everyone except me. When I get him out he looks at me, looks around and tries to gain someone elses attention (flying to the ground and walking to them if he has to). I have been giving him all his favourite treats and trying to entice him to love me again, but he is still sulking. I have taken him for walks outside, let him climb on the bean trallice (or however you spell lit) and everything. He is still sulking. But I have the ultimate bribary present coming his way. Matt and I have been talking about getting Oscar a friend for ages, and every weekend I go on a long search for a little Indian Ringneck friend for Oscar, and last week I found one, and this weekend coming up I'm picking him/her up. I am very excited. I think I spilt the beans though, as today I've been singing to Oscar:
"Hello little Oscar
I'm buying you a friend
She's twice the price she should be
Hope you love her till the end
Hello little Oscar
She looks just like you
In every way possible
Except that she is blue"

6 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I think protecting someone from their own reckless behavior is what *good* moms do.

I like that you made up a little rhyming song.

:-)



(Oh, and I got here first this time.)

;-)

4:04 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

oooh! will you call the new bird slimey?

5:17 pm  
Blogger Margie said...

Do birds usually have such long memories? I'm not sure I'd want an animal with a sharp beak angry at me. Good luck :)

What a great picture! How did you do it?

ekhvru. Surely, surely someday I'll actually get a word.

7:33 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

my cockatiel refused to talk to me for 2 weeks after I had to give him antibiotics for a week. He used to fly to my mum every time I got him out of the cage....

10:07 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

oh I forgot to say, the imacs just have a built in camera that you can put in all these modes and that's "comic mode" so it takes the photo looking like that!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Cute! I had no idea a bird would hold a grudge for so long...

11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home