.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mushrooms, Jill Sobule, a crap weekend, and nice nurses

Well in some very exciting news, my mushrooms suddenly had a big flourish of mushrooms. I picked them and got 220g of mushrooms. I think there are still more to come as well. So far we had them in a yummy risotto, and tonight we will have them in a mushroom sauce on some yummy steaks.

I don't generally watch the west wing, but matthew does and I like to keep him company. So what I generallly do is to do sudoku's whilst half watching the show. This is very, very irritating for matthew because I miss a lot and ask questions (a lot of questions because I don't actually know any of the characters or anything). Anyway... The other night Jill Sobule was in it singing one of my favourite songs!!!! If you don't know who Jill Sobule is, you are missing out. She is one of the wittiest, quirkiest singer/songwriters around. On The West Wing she sang "heroes", which is all about how all our heroes are imperfect, it has such lines as "the founding father's all had slaves, the explorers slaughtered the braves" and "T.S. Elliot hated the Jews, FDR didn't save the Jews, all the French joined the resistance after the war" etc. She is very, very cool. West Wing has gone up a notch in my book, even if the only thing I really know about it is that it's set at the white house (although I tend to get it mixed up with Commander and Chief).

In other news I had one of the crappiest weekends at work ever. I was busy all day saturday (13 hour shift and I had a 5 minute break where I scoffed down 1/2 a sandwhich), however in all of the hectic evilness of my day I discovered quite a nice side to a lot of the nurses (admittedly they were the midwives on the ward not in the delivery suite). They were really kind and brought me orange juices and panadols and things like that. However it was still a bad day:(

Must go now, my lunch has been heated up, by that lovely husband creature of mine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this about Jill Sobule and the West Wing episode she was in. I've been trying to find out who she was and what the name of the song is for quite some time now.

And since you helped me out, I'll help you out: The President of the United States has also added to his title Commander in Chief (of the armed forces). It just means that as well as being the Prez, he's the big cheese for the military as well. Hope that helps ya! ;)

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home