.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dreams and Plans

I was reading someone's blog today that reminded me of all the things I wanted to do before I settled down back in Brisbane.... live in alaska, live in a jungle, learn to sail and then sail from place to place working in remote areas from my boat, go back to Indonesia, see Europe, maybe visit america, go to that big blue lake/spa/bath type thing in Iceland that I saw in a magazine once.... etc and I know I can't do them all and I still dream that Muppit and I will sail around the world in a glass bottom boat watching the fish and singing songs. But then sometimes I think "if I don't buy a house soon and plant all my fruit trees, I'll be 80 before I can get enough figs and other fruits from my trees to enjoy them...". It's all such a conflict!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

But if you and Muppit are sailing the seas, think of all the wildly delicious exotic fruits you'll find along the way...mmm...and some of them will likely go very well with those fish you'll be singing to as well...

9:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you plant fruit trees, can i be a taste tester?

our citrus tree has passed away tho...
(ouch, why on earth do i even use that term for trees now???)

10:41 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

:( I am sorry to hear about your citrus tree:( I know I'd taste lots of fruit, but it's just the feeling all the time that I'm buying something I could grow myself! I'd love to plant fruit trees in your yard Becky:) But when I settle down at 80 will you still be there?

10:13 am  
Blogger marvin said...

i remember a great quote from the simpsons.

"isn't that the question we're all asking? where's my elephant? i'm kent brockman and that's my two cents"

6:38 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

:) thanks becky, I'll see where I end up at the end of this year, still not sure what I'm planning on doing. Might come home, might not....

2:46 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Don't worry Tim, I'll never give up on our sailing idea, even if it turns out the first opportunity we get is when we are 80:) I just don't always know what to chase after - the tigers or the butterflies.

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home