.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary To Me and Matt

Well today Matt and I have been married for 3 years. We have spent the day in a rather leisurely fashion. We went out and ran a few errands. The first of which was to go to the doctors to get a script. Ordinarily I may have left this out of the story, except that the doctor was exceptionally rude! We got there for my 1130 appt at 1125 and waited until 12. Now I expect doctors to be running late, and normally this wouldn't be a problem, except that we had an appt to get Victorian driving licences at 1230 and I didn't want to be late for that. So I politely went up to the receptionist and asked how much longer it was likely to be as I had another appt. She in turn called the doctor, who soon called me in. He then lectured me about how the reason I was late getting in was because I was late getting there. Very politely I informed him that in fact I was early getting there. He then got annoyed and told me that he gets a lot of interruptions during his day from pharmacists and xray people calling him and he didn't appreciate the extra pressure I had put on him by saying I had another appt to go to! I'm in the medical profession. I know he had been sitting at his desk doing whatever he felt like except calling me in prior to me getting there! I know this because he hadn't called any patients in while I'd been there, and he didn't have to send anyone out to call me in. But that's not the point, the point is, he was rude. I didn't go in there all angry about waiting, I'm used to waiting, but he was defensive and angry for no reason. The annoying thing is I did want to ask about a few other things besides the script, but I certainly didn't want to have a discussion with him about anything because quite frankly he obviously had the impulse control of a 3 year old. So I paid my $55 for a 4 minute consult, that I had to wait 35 minutes for, that mostly consisted of the doctor lecturing me and trying to deflect blame and treating me in a manner that I have never treated any patient in, no matter how frustrating or rude they were. And I wasn't rude at all, I held in all my anger until I got to the car. Matthew was with me and can verify that the doctor was a real *&%$. Jerks like him are why people hate doctors. I can only presume it's another case of Victorian service. Which I have found to be shockingly terrible and rude in a lot of areas.

We then went and got our victorian licences (apparantly if you're here for over 3 months you need victorian ones and your QLD licence ceases to be valid).

Then we took a meandering drive and found this nice cafe in what may have been an old post office or something and had some very yummy lunch. As we walked back up the road after this we found a chocolate store selling handmade chocolates and bought some pretty looking chocolates, which I took a photo of but the insert photo icon has disappeared. Bugger.

We are staying home for dinner and cooking a yummy dinner. We bought some quails which we will lightly season and then grill, then we will rest them in an olive oil, verjuice and grape bath. We are going to serve them on a fresh salad of greens from our garden - rocket, lettuce and baby spinach (plus we bought some fennel and will put some shaved fennel in the salad also). On the side we will have a sage risotto. Even though technically this is a white wine meal, we have a lovely shiraz that we bought at the mornington peninsula that we will have with the meal (the place we bought it from was also an olive grove and it is where the olive oil and verjuice came from). Matthew is currently making the chicken stock to make the risotto with. For desert Matthew is doing something arather with quinces where you roast them in a sugary syrup with some vanilla beans for ages and ages until they turn soft and pink. What will we do after this romantic dinner? Watch State of Origin of course! Only victoria sux and is showing a delayed telecast which means that we can't watch it on the tv while listening to the Roy and HG commentary on the radio (which is so much better than the TV commentary). It also means I will be very, very tired during my 8am-915pm shift tomorrow....

6 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish I was married to you two...that dinner sounds incredible!

6:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

That meal really sounds delicious! And I hope it was too!

11:43 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

*bites*

Congrats! :) Hope you enjoyed your night despite queensland's expected defeat. ;)

12:06 pm  
Blogger Suze said...

Lucky I don't know where you guys live, 'cos I would've crashed the party for sure!!! Happy Anniversary. You are lovely and it sounds as though you have the most beautiful, real, respectful relationship. Although, as a doctor, can't you write your own scripts?? I'm perplexed. Maybe you haven't done enough hours in the maternity ward yet??

1:19 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Well I'm a bit blurry on the script writing for oneself rules still. In queensland I did the odd script for myself but none of the residents here ever do, and it's supposed to not be something you do, so I thought I'd do the right thing (your always encouraged in med to have your own GP and not to practice "corridor medicine" where you and your colleagues treat yourselves and each other). We'd love to have crashers, cooking is never so much fun as when you're cooking for other people:)

3:20 pm  
Blogger marvin said...

Yes, happy happy anniversary anniversary!

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home