.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Blackbird

I nudged your body with my shoe
But you did not move
The wind rustled your feathers
But your chest stayed still
And the autumn leaves swirled
Dancing a dirge for you
Your body chilled by an icy breeze
That left my fingers numb
And I wished I knew a way
To breathe in you life
And return your feathered wings
To the sky

1 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

Thanks mupsta:) I went and read the lyrics to the one by The beautiful Girls, it sounds very cool. It's funny how sad I felt for the dead bird when two days ago I felt so numb about a death at work.

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home