.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

football, babies, clotted cream

I had a lovely dinner the other night:) The quail turned out delicious! We actually used this little portable BBQ thing my sister gave me to cook them. It is basically like a metal bucket (it is that size as well) that has a grate in the bottom that you put the heat beads on and then a grate at the top to cook on. So we put in heat beads and when they were red hot, we threw on some twigs of rosemary to give the quail a nice wood/smoked flavour then through them on the grate and turned them heaps till they were tender on the inside (a little too tender at first - we had to put them back on) and flame grilled on the outside. I almost went to bed after the first 12 minutes of the state of origin as it looked like it was just going to be a very embarrassing horrible game, so when we only lost by 1 point I was practically happy (even though I feel that winning of one of those silly kicking goal things is stupid and that the blues are evil). To be honest, I'm still impressed after the terrible way Qld played (hopefully next time they'll have mastered catching the ball, and by the third game they'll have mastered not having to stop to catch the ball, then think about running and then running straight into the biggest blue player they can see). Plus our team seemed really, really short compared to the blue team! Importantly there were some punches thrown. I know it's bad to promote violence, but I don't think I enjoy state of origin as much if the players seem to like each other.

Yesterday while I was at work Matt made quince paste with the left over quinces (and some extra he bought) which turned out perfectly! We now have HEAPS of quince paste. Today we put it on biscuits with blue cheese and it was delicious!

The actual exciting news is that Matt is an uncle again:) I would put a picture of little Riley up here except that the button for putting photos up is still missing from my create new post page. What's up with that? Anyway, congratulations to Dale and Wendy (Matt's brother and sister-in-law) who are doing an exceptional job of having very cute children:) (This is very good as it takes the pressure off Matt and I to have to have cute children or any other kind of children).

The other exciting news is that for those of you who live in Brisbane, you can now buy clotted cream from at least two stores there. There is a pommy store at Wynnum that says as far as they are aware they are the only producers of clotted cream in Queensland. Plus there is a store in The Valley that sells it. We have a dairy in The Yarra Valley that sells it, but we haven't gotten there yet. This means I don't have to go to England anytime I want to have scones the way they are supposed to be eaten:)

I hope I'm going to be able to post pictures again soon. There seems to be some other issues with my blog at the moment too, so I'm hoping they go away magically on their own.

1 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

Nah, there's still pressure for you to produce cute lil becs & cecs. :D can't wait til i'm an "aunt" to em. :)

Come back to brisbane soon!!! then we can get you guys to buy a cow and make your own clotted cream. :) then you can have an arvo tea with us all. :)

1:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home