.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mr Mouse: The Last Chapter?

Mr Mouse watched from the shadows as the strange people laid trap after trap in the room he was in. He smelt the tantalising smell of peanut butter, but he watched as time after time they snapped when the people put them on the ground, he heard the swearing and the blood as the flicking of the metal snapping got them on their thumbs. So when they had gone to sleep, he snuck into the office to work on his blog, carefully picking his way around the traps. He was disturbed in the middle of the night by one of the people coming in so he ran to the cupboard and scrabbled around - but he was too noisy and the person opened the cupboard and saw him. It was the deep voiced one whom he had bitten! He heard the deep voice one say something and saw him put a trap in the hall outside the office. Then the other person brought it in close to where he was.

He was finding it hard to find food, and he snuck about the house whilst the people were out. They seemed to have divided the traps between the two rooms now.

Later he heard them come home, then they had someone else - he heard them talking to this "Kate" person. She was very terrifying and he fled his hiding place under the fridge into the garage. He heard Kate telling them about his journey - she was quite convincing that she had seen him. Soon they turned on the garage light and put another trap with peanut butter on it. He was sooo hungry, he'd been disturbed before he found anything really to eat. He wondered if maybe he could just somehow get a little of the peanut butter off without setting off the snapping mechanism................ He could not.

**There are some people who argue that the now sighting of Mr Mouse in the garage, than the lounge, than the bedroom, than the office, than the kitchen, than the garage mean there was more then one mouse. However I argue that given that he was either actually seen making most of the moves into different rooms, or was seen in them on different nights, it was just the one mouse. Some traps are being left in place, just in case**
***Due to my husband being more sensitive to feelings of others I have not included graphic photos of dead animals in this blog post***

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I don't need pictures, I know what squished mice look like.

:-)

And the best thing you can do when they get in the house is kill them. It's not like there's a shortage, and those people who live trap and put them outside just have to keep doing it over and over. They get back in.

I hope you never get a squirrel in your house, they get into EVERYTHING, no matter how high it is. And they're strong enough to pull free from glue traps. I ended up having to poison the thing. (years ago)

3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I take it he's an ex-mouse now.

I read your first installment of the Mr Mouse adventures yesterday and then subseqently dreamed of mice being on my bedside table! In a half-awake state last night I actually turned on my lamp to see if they were really there!!

I would freak out if a mouse bit me while sleeping. Poor Matt.

3:08 pm  
Blogger Zilfin said...

Do we surmise from this that Matts feet smell like cheese?

8:14 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

*sniff sniff* poor mr mouse. :(

8:37 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Firstly, squirrels are so cute! But I can imagine one in your house is a pain. El - Matt did freak out, and he had lots of dreams about them and it kept him awake. Thirdly it bit his thumb, not his feet, so perhaps his thumb smells like cheese. Lastly, poor Mr Mouse sealed his fate when he bit Matt.

8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home