.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Kennilworth

This weekend Matt and I went camping at Kennilworth with Kate and Jo.

It was just an overnight trip, but we had a fun time, it's so lovely there (even though it does rain a fair bit..).


We had yummy lamb shanks done in red wine in the dutch oven on the fire. I got a leach on my foot and completely freaked. There was a catfish that seemed to be guarding a bunch of rocks in a hole in the river.

And Jo and Kate found a baby bird that was injured, it was feathered, but too young to fly. I put some water on the end of my finger and gave her a drink (it was a little Lewin's honey eater) and she started to feel better, and then we dissolved some sugar in some water and gave her some more - she really liked that and drank from the end of my finger poking out her long tongue and licking my finger without having to be held. After phoning about ten people, we found a wildlife volunteer who could take care of poor little misery (my nickname for the bird)

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Even on vacation she's healing the sick. :-)


Being a curious sort, I can't see enough of the "Value Pack" box to guess what it was from.

3:43 pm  
Blogger marvin said...

I reckon it was a box of Uncle Toby's muesli bars, crunchy choc chip? Only available at Woolworths and Safeways of course.

5:07 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Okay, now I'm hungry.

:-)

3:25 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

What a little sweetie! We're looking after a baby pigeon at the moment. So fragile.

4:39 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh yay :) Lucky you found it!

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home