.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Not quite RIF pain

:( For the last few days every so often I've gotten little twinges of pain in my right lower quadrant of my abdomen. Last night, I got up and peed and then the pain was not good at all and I couldn't sleep for two hours and it was enough that I dragged my lazy bones out of bed and went and got panadol before curling up in a little ball. I had this idea that if it still hurt at 5am (when I had to get out of bed to get to work in time because I was in Brisbane), I would maybe make my way to hte Wesley - but it kind of got better. Most of the day I have had it but nowhere near as bad, just kind of background. But I checked and I don't have a temperature, so it's probably not appendicitis (plus when I was laying down I felt my tummy and I definitely don't have guarding or rebound tenderness). I did a dipstick and there's no sign of infection or blood, so it's probably not my kidneys. Sometimes it seems to be in the RIF, but sometimes like now it's actually reasonably higher (almost RUQ). I have an appetite, even though I'm nauseated.... Probably I'm ovulating, I bet it's something really benign like that. I'm such a little panicker sometimes!

So let's take a vote. When you have abdo pain, do you:
1. Hope it will go away?
2. Hope it will go away some more?
3. Write yourself a bloodslip but not finish work in time to get blood taken?
4. Wonder if you'll have time between cleaning the house and going to the markets to get to QML while it's open tomorrow morning?
4. Wait till the weekend and hope it doesn't get worse and that you're not going to end up having to go to the hospital?

Very good, the correct answer is all of the above!

7 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

I vote "2". then make andrew buy me a pregnancy test to make sure it's not an ectopic. ;)

jk, haven't had to do that recently. ;)

serously tho - either get one of your "workmates" to check you out, or get he blood tests done. if there's no rebound then it's not peritonitis, but that doesn't mean it's going to get much better quickly. :/ otoh, you could always just pop into your nearest public hospital and not pay the fees of the privates. :)

9:26 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I'm not sure I should vote since you have a lot more knowledge than I.

Hope it's better soon.

Also, I'd like to thank and congratulate you on knowing the difference between "nauseated" and "nauseous". I can't tell you how good it is to know that *somebody* can get it right.

1:43 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hope you feel better soon and it's not worth a hospital visit!

7:40 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Ooo, I always ignore things like that, it's a terrible habit.

12:45 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

For people's info, I did have the blood tests and they were essentially fine and the pain gradually went away... no idea what it was.

7:12 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

welllll, yay for it going away :D

3:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to my GP yesterday for RIF pain...kind of mid cycle (lateish midcycle he he ) and have had it before over the last few months. It radiates to my lower back too...I'm thinking it's ovarian...hope I haven't got a wormy appendix (eeeewwww!). Hope it's nothing serious but also won't be too happy if it's ov pain. Don't feel like dealing with that every month!
(I have a family history of ov. ca and br ca. so thought I should get it checked out.)

Don't know why I told you all this! he he he....just gooling around for RIF...

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home