.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Winter Holiday

Quick holiday summary, mostly photos to save you all from boring stories.

It started two weeks ago on Tuesday. We drove to Brisbane in the light of a lunar eclipse, which unfortunately the photos of were terrible, so I will not post any. However it looked pretty cool. We drove to Becky and Matt's and spent the night there, then the four of us embarked on our road trip.

The first leg of the journey took us to Scone, which essentially was a random stop because it was dinner time. On the way to Scone we took the time to stop at a few places on the way. Here's a photo just for Rachem:


The next day we started off to the Wine Region of the Hunter Valley, on the way we met up with Becky's great uncle who had a great property in musselbrooke (or however you spell it). He had a house built by convicts in the 1830s which had a cellar underneath, which is now quite hard to access. He also had a beautiful property with vineyards and pecan groves on it with the Hunter River running t hrough it. Was all very cool. Photo of Cellar.


Then we got to the Hunter where we went to a couple of wineries and stayed over night in a little cottage. The next morning we did a few more wineries - including wyndam where not only were they nice to me, but they had the cutest baby goats you can imagine. They were so little and so friendly and they were so keen to be patted and they sucked my finger. I wanted to take one with me! I don't seem to have any digi photos of the goats - they must be on the film cam. Maybe if Becky has any and she sends me some I can post one.

Next we headed to Blackheath where I had dinner with the beautiful Jade and Suze. We went to an awesome restaurant there called Ashcroft (I think). We drank Champagne and had delicious food. I had a tempura soft shell crab with a great sauce for entree, Delicious Quail for mains, and for dessert..... Well, the pictures speak for themselves - a baked cream/custard type dessert with vanilla beans with spun toffee on top.... The trick was working out how to eat it and get through to the the dessert at the bottom. One photo with flash, one without but with Jade in the background! It was such a great evening chatting with Jade and Suze!



After Blackheath we went to the Jenolan caves. We did one of the showcase caves and then did one of their "caving experiences" where we abseiled a short distance into a cave and then climbed through and wiggled through small spaces all the while dressed in blue overalls with torches on our heads..










After the caves we headed to Canberra and caught up with Matt's Brother and his wife and their little baby - who is gorgeous. They made us yummy home made pizzas and we had a delicious breakfast at a cafe the next morning. Before we headed for the snow. I didn't take too many photos whilst skiing because I was busy skiing. But I had a great time. The snow wasn't too bad although it got soft by the afternoon. It was still great! Here are a couple of photos. I love skiing *sigh*



After skiing we went to Canberra again and caught up with Matt's brother and his family before we headed to Sydney for one of my friend's wedding. It was a great day. They released doves after the ceremony and the reception was great. Tim and Fi were also there which is always great fun.





All I can be bothered doing now. I might post more photos if I get the urge.... I miss skiing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will send you the goat photos! You and Mat look good caving. I look like a maniac :)

6:36 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

wooot, ty for my photo :)

and i wish we'd gotten to do one of the "caving experience" things when we were at the jenolan caves - we stuck to the general tours - next time though....

glad you had fun!!!!

11:29 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Now I'm kind of jealous, not only do you have snow, but it look's like you guys are having a lot more fun than anything I've done lately.

:-)


Glad you had a good time!

1:38 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

It was so good to finally meet you Bec. Love the picture with me and the dessert! So funny.

Spider on crack!

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home