.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cold Hard Seas

All day you look to me
But not for knowledge
You want
To hear the answers you want to hear
And, the disappoinment
Oh, the disappointment
When I give you an answer
That you didn't seek

Why come here?
Why sit in that chair?
Just to hear me voice your thoughts?
Do it yourself
Save yourself time (Don't waste mine)
Stare in the mirror
Tell yourself what you want to hear

But don't expect me to acquiesce
Don't think I didn't read the signals
I saw what you wanted me to say
And I steered clear
Headed instead
For the cold hard seas of truth

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate :( Good on you for not giving in to what is easy.

7:57 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.”

--Pietro Aretino

1:44 pm  
Blogger Dz said...

*hugs*

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home