.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Exercise lesson 1: strengthening your jaw muscles

I swear this time I mean it, I can never eat again. I really don't think my stomach will ever again feel empty. I have eaten so much rich food in the last week, I've practically become invinsible. By that I mean, it would probably take a pretty sharp blade to get through my hardened arteries!

Saturday night we cooked for Matt's aunt's birthday.... Scallops and prawns in ginger, lime and garlic on a bed of finely sliced snow peas and capsicum for entree. Followed by roast lamb with garlic, oregano and preserved lemons; grilled asparagus with parmesan cheese and pepper; hasselback potatoes with paprika; and snowpeas and carrots. This was followed by creme Brulee. (the entree was accompanied by veuve clicquot champagne; the main by grange).

Sunday we had a lamb shank pizza at a nice italian place. Last night I went out to dinner and I had steak with tempura bugs. Tonight we went to Matt's aunts and she cooked potato bake and we cooked eye fillet steak with peppercorn sauce. Honestly I'm so full. I can't remember the last time I had so much red meat in one week.

I really need to just eat salad for a week now, but there are so many more celebrations to go!

Birthday season can be real tough on the stomach..... :)

9 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

*teehee* If we do something for your birthday, i'm happy to eat your steak and you can have my salad. :D

10:06 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Holy cow! Why are you not running a restaurant?

:-)

12:22 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

did u wash the peppercorns?

1:49 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:50 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

sorry, that was mean - i really did love the pepper sauce u made me, i just couldn't resist the chance to tease - and they wouldn't let me edit my last comment, and the spelling was atrociious, so i deleted it :)

1:51 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I was going to have a quiet night in tonight, but I feel that it would be wrong to not go and join aunty D for her birthday, so I'll have to order a salad. Sally - you can definitely have my steak!
pitfinder - I'm really not quite that organised (plus wouldn't doing it for money take the fun out of it?)

rachem - YES I DID WASH THEM - and they were much yummier that way! Plus I tried something new with the sauce. After we deglazed the pan with red wine - we didn't have beef stock, so to enrich it with that kind of flavour I put some of the pate we had in it (i'd had a sauce like that at Siggy's once) instead. Was really quite yummy with that - gave it a nice extra flavour without being overpowering.

5:23 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

the peppercorn sauce I made for you was a let down - I demand an opportunity to show you how it was supposed to taste! I will come round and make steak after recovering from my current red meat overload!

5:24 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

yay!!!!!!
i look forward to a pepper sauce that was even yummier than the last :)

7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your cooking!!!

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home