.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

One of those days

I had one of those days today. You know the ones - where you realise your first mistake was getting out of bed? Matt had to catch the 6am train, and had forgot to enable his alarm. So he woke up at 5.45am and got ready very quickly, and sensibly asked if I could drive him to the station. I threw on some vaguely presentable clothes and obliged him, because it did seem a reasonable request. I came home and went to bed. My alarm went off at 7am. I pressed snooze until 7.45 because if Matt can be ready in 15 minutes - damn it, so can I! I was so proud of myself, got ready, watered the plants, made a cup of tea, grabbed some fruit to eat on the drive to work. I had all the various bits balanced in my hands and as I was at the door, the evil oscar did a plaintitive whistle at me. It sounded hungry. I had everything in my left hand, and my keys in my right hand. So I put them down, put some food in the cage (avoiding pepper who has a new trick of trying to bite when you feed her - otherwise she doesn't bite so much at all), and walked outside and slammed the door......

Keys locked inside house..... Oh Crap! I could see them. I tapped on the glass, but oscar did not escape his cage and open the door for me (bloody tease he is). This is the one day I couldn't just say, Oh well, I'll sort it at lunch time and walk to work. This morning I had to do nursing home visits (my nursing home pts are at 5 different nursing homes) - I needed my car!!!! I rang the real estate agent - they told me I could just walk to their office and get the keys, I tried to mention how late this would make me, but they were just like "you don't live that far away". So I left my cup of tea on the veranda (it would only slow me down), grabbed my bag and toddled off to the real estate agent, grabbed the keys toddled home. All the toddling left me sweaty and horrid, and all I wanted to do was have a shower, but seeing as I already leaving home about 30 minutes (I walked very fast) after I planned, I decided against this.

I drove to work - rang Matt and told him about it - got out of the car - was about to shut the door - realised in time - got my keys from the ignition (How dumb can I be in one day? - a new reality show) and went inside. Grabbed my gear, and rushed off to see the oldies. At the first nursing home, as I was backing out the drive, I swung the car a little further then normal and wondered why there was a funny grinding noise, so I turned my head back to face the front and realised it was probably my car on the stone wall. Drove forward a little, backed up. Tried to ignore the old man with the wheelie walker laughing at me. Drove to the next nursing home. Got out of my car, looked at the front of the car - Thank God for utes! only a small dint/scrape on the black part of the bumper thingy-m-doo. Did the oldies round. Went back to work.

10am and I realised, I just wanted to go back to bed!

The rest of the day was _reasonably_ uneventful.

5 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

*hug*
Gotta hate oldies laughing at you...
(and it's worse when there's a reason for it, and it's not their dementia)

9:22 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Sorry your day stunk. I hope tomorrow is better.

Do you have a dead-bolt lock on the door? If you use this, it takes a key to close it and you can't lock them in. It's also more secure than the latch lock. I won't tell you how easy those are to defeat.

2:00 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

This silly rental has no kind of proper security. I wouldn't mind if you told me how easy the lock is to defeat so that the next time I lock myself out I don't have to walk to the real estate office!

3:28 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

poor becsta!
*hug*

9:42 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow that sucks... I felt like putting my head under a pillow after just reading it :)

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home