.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, March 03, 2008

I am studying.... Somewhat

Well I am actually busy studying, today at least. The weekend was another matter - I did some cage building. Basically Azure and my other two birds Pepper and Oscar are having adjustment difficulties, so Azure has been living inside in a separate cage - which must be lonely. So I built in the playgym on the outside cage so he can live side by side the other birds, but separate. As they get more used to each other, I will open the door between the two areas and they can all live together in semi-harmony. This took me most of saturday and sunday afternoon - as I am quite inexperienced in such matters. But in the end I built a wooden frame, put wire on the bits that needed it, and one entire side is the door and has a hinge and everything. The resulting product is below. Try to ignore the mess the actual floor of the cage is in - it needs a clean. Also I ran out of the right angle brace things when doing the frame for the door, so I just hammered it together and the wood split a little - when I have time I will redo the door frame with new wood/wire and actual right angle thingymdoos

But on a more exciting note - I am an aunty again:) My sister had a beautiful baby boy named Micah. He was 5'1, so he had a few days "fattening up" time in SCN but is now home causing all sorts of exciting sleep deprivation for his parents. He is so lovely to cuddle and so small and sweet:)

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

The cage looks clean and professional. You do better amature work than some of the professionals that worked on your house.
:-)


Cute kid.

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww. So cute :)

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to all on your new family member. :-)

El

8:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! :D
(and good work on the cage. maybe you can make another one for micah if he's not letting his parents sleep ;))

11:16 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

Nice work on the cage!! Very impressive :)

And micah is very cute :)

Hope u got some good study in!!!

8:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home