.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A whole week

It's been a whole week since I was here blogging. In that week I have been in Brisbane visiting as many people as I could fit in. For some reason this involved also fitting as much food in as I could (visiting some of my favourite restaurants and friends houses). Now after two big weeks of eating, Matt and I have resolved to go on a week of salads for dinner (Matt has resolved to eat salad for dinner for a month, but I don't think our salad repertoire has that many salads in it). Now Matt and I have a slightly liberal view on what may classify as salad, so yesterday night it was a "thai beef salad" (it's in inverted commas because it was a vaguely thai style salad with beef). Tonight we went to a Japanese restaurant and had sashimi and whatever it is they call it when you have practically raw beef (both came on lettuce and is therefore salad - esp as we ate the lettuce) - at any rate it all seemed healthier then the amount of food we have been eating. Not sure how many more days we can keep it up for though.

At any rate, I will probably be living the entirety of next year somewhere near Nambour. Still undecided if I'll live in Nambour or at the beach. So everyone will have a free place to stay when they want to go surfing or fishing at the beach:)

In the two days I was not in Brisbane, but back home in Melbourne, I have been working in the short stay unit of the emergency department. I am quite over it. Hopefully this job will grow on me, as currently it's not rating too high.

Must go, have to watch Weeds. One of my favourite parts of weeds is singing along to the themesong at the beginning "Boxes little boxes, little boxes on a hillside, little boxes made of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same" or something along those lines anyway.

I will endeavour to write more exciting updates next time. At the moment I'm a little under the weather and it's hard to think when your ears are blocked and you feel sure your brain has been replaced with cottonwool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

Nice to have you back! My mornings have been bereft with only Dilbert and Peanuts to keep me occupied and not doing work :)

3:12 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

*grin*

What's Weeds???

11:05 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I never liked being sick. Hope you feel better soon.

12:58 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Weeds is a TV series from America about this middle class mother whose husband dies and so she starts selling pot to make a living....

2:41 pm  
Blogger marvin said...

the beach, the beach, the beach! you must get a house near the beach. preferably with a view of the beach, or the ocean. i don't want to pressure you or anything, but you have to live in a house once in your life with a view of the beach. it's something i reckon everyone should do. so, get a house near the beach! but really, you are free to do whatever you want :)

3:59 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

and baby-proof it...

not that munchie will be doing much in the short term. ;) And we could probably camp in a tent in your ?backyard (or at a nearbyish camp site) if we came to stay. :D

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home