.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Exsanguinating

Your pale face
Enclosed warm eyes
You were soft and womanly
And made me think of mother earth
You reminded me of someone
Or an idea I have of someone
And I wanted to lay at your feet
And pour out my heart and life to you
But your face grew paler
And I don't know you
And when I hurt you
As I had to hurt you
You said sorry
When I walked away
My shoes left prints on the floor
Red prints
Made of your life
Your pale face still fills my mind's eye
My picture of mother earth
Now personified

2 Comments:

Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Beautiful poetry

3:56 pm  
Blogger marvin said...

i agree, wonderful.

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home