.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Curried Parsnip Soup

Well it's been such a cold rainy day today, that I felt like it must be a soup in front of the heater night. So I am trying a new recipe. We have made curried parsnip soup. I was a bit sceptical of the recipe, because it had two apples in it and as a general rule I'm actually opposed to most apple sauce type things. However it has turned out quite yummy. I cooked some flat bread to dip in the soup (just used pizza dough recipe, but cooked it on the fry pan like when we do naan bread) which worked out quite yummily. I also didn't add cream to the whole of the soup as the recipe said I should, but Matt and I just added as much cream as we wanted to our own portions (with me opting for sour cream, and Matt opting for normal cream). I feel very content now. I could just curl up on the couch and purr like a contented cat. Except I'm not a cat, and I'm thinking of going to the movies.

Talking of the movies, the other night Matt and I borrowed King Kong from the DVD store. Why didn't someone warn me what would happen? *Spoiler approaching for those who have not seen the movie, stop reading now* I can't believe King Kong died! I actually enjoyed the movie (I am shallow and easily amused). With the exception of one thing - I thought that the relationship between Jimmy the kid on the boat (who had previously been a stowaway that nobody knew where he was from) and Hayes (the black crew member) didn't work at all. I'm not quite sure what they were aiming for but they missed. Anytime there was a moment where hayes was trying to protect Jimmy, or whatever, it just made me want to laugh (and frequently succeeded) because it seemed to spring from nowhere, and to not particularly serve much purpose to the storyline. One of my favourite parts was when the giant worms ate one of the men. Worms are cool.

I think Matt thinks I'm a little crazy and he has been laughing at me a little bit. This is because today I bought some ski pants for our upcoming trip. Now I'm kind of excited by the fact that I have a ski outfit (in that I have a jacket and pants) and so I decided to try them on to see how they felt and what they looked like. This means I am currently going around the house dressed up for the snow.... It's normal, I swear. I actually am really proud of myself because I feel like I currently have on the cheapest new ski outfit I could find (all together the jacket and pants cost less then $100). To the extent that in fact it is cheaper then it probably would have been for me to hire the clothes. I am starting to get a little too warm. I will have to remove my jacket.

1 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I agree with you, for a homeless stow-away this kid seems amazingly well read. And for a kid that no one will give a gun to, Adrian Brody's character seems pretty calm about letting the kid shoot bugs off his skin with a Thompson sub-machine gun.
While we're at it, watch those scenes where Kong fights the dinosaurs - with the girl in his hand! People who build amusement park rides will tell you that kind of motion will seriously injure or kill the average human.
It wasn't the worst remake of this film, there's the Dino DeLaurentis version from the 80s. It was pretty bad. This one wasn't bad, but some of the scenes seemed a bit long to me. We got it, move along.

"I think Matt thinks I'm a little crazy"
Well, you'd have to be, you're still with him right? (huge grin, just kidding Matt)

I got here first again!



heftojv
The weight of music - heft of jive

3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home