.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

War Trumpet

So you took them by the hand
And led them down the path
A garden lined by rose bushes
All thorns and flowerless
You promised them a journey
That would end in glory
Never mentioned the journey end
Would be the last breath at all

Somewhere you let go
Their hands fell all alone
Another garden, another one
Fed by blood and bones
Meaningless, meaningless
Is every violent seed
Scarring earth's sad face
With hatred's bitter weed

2 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Okay, I'm not terrible with all poetry. I get this one and like it.


I must have an unfair advantage geting here first, since I'm on the other side of the world. Either that, or your other friends are slackers. :-)


fwftn
forward with fierce tenacity, nowhere

12:00 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I think that my other friends must all be slackers (or else they're the opposite of slackers - they're at work or something silly like that).

12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home