.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Your Old Soul

Haven't sung this song before
Where my dreams lead me somewhere
Broken and hard to understand
But that I need to learn to care
Smiling at the lonely hope of tomorrow
So I can hope to understand your sorrow

Privilege a burden of grieflessness
Is the snow to white beneath my sun?
Can I hope my shoulder's firm enough?
Despite that it is new and just begun?
Sometimes sorrow makes you seem beautiful
I smile at what I see, my tears are dutiful

Can I show any expression to you?
A soul that seems as old as yours
Will surely scorn my scarless one
I've lived, hear me, I've lived scores
My smile runs deeper than sorrow's ravine
There is still more beauty than I have seen

3 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Being one of those scarred old souls, I've never been terribly scornful of those who aren't. I always feel kind of sad in a way, because most of them will get their own scars soon enough.


You might not be so excited by storms if you'd had a bunch of stuff fried by lightning. Twice. They're not as much fun once they start costing you real money.
(/whine)

1:52 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Beautiful piece Bec...

3:50 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Thanks Jade.

Pitfinder - I'm just not sure everyone sees it your way:)

5:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home