.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Friday, August 25, 2006

At this moment

My right foot tingles I have been sitting too long in this position, crosslegged as always, no matter where I am sitting. This was the bane of my mother's life, "sit properly at the table" a phrase I heard, but never seemed to penetrate my memory, because I needed to be told every time I sat at the table. It's not just my foot that's uncomfortable I realise. There are goosebumps on my arms indicating that the temperature is a little too low for comfort. Then my body as if to remind me of it's traitorous behaviour is racked by coughing and I am suddenly aware of all the little muscles that fill the spaces between my ribs, they're a bit tired of all the coughing and the whole thing has become a bit painful. A steaming mug has been placed next to me by someone who is kinder than I am. I wrap my fingers around it and enjoy the too warm feeling it gives them, before I have to pull them away because it really is just too warm. I try to inhale what I know to be the comforting aroma of double happiness green tea, but alas, I can't breathe through my nose. I take a sip and enjoy the feel of the tea burning down the back of my throat and into my stomach. And for some reason, as I am experiencing all this, I type it on my keyboard and watch strangely fascinated as my thoughts are emptied onto a computer screen, leaving my head vacant.

2 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

*big hugs*

feel better! And enjoy your tea. :)

8:33 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Cross legged, always the same way or alternate legs? Just wondering. I seem to have a pattern when I cross ankles under the chair. Very rarely changes. Hmmm...

Hope you feel better soon.

(I can only breathe out of one side of my nose right now but that's kind of normal for me.)

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home