.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I am walking through the haze which is 3am. Wishing I had a single thought in my head. But I don't. Who would want to get sick, or go into labour between 3am-8am? It is silliness. It must be the most dangerous time of the day to become unwell. I can barely string two words together, let alone consider what's wrong with someone. My notes in patient's charts become more and more retarded. I forget to write in parts of the examination which I did.... important little details. I sit at the computer thinking "I should get some rest". But my legs are unwilling to assist in the plan - the couch is at least 3m away from where I am currently sitting. Soon someone in the team of my organs will force a migration. There is a calling stronger than sleep that I can't ignore. Perhaps after I go to the bathroom, I will lay down - just for a minute. In the meanwhile, I shall fill the world with more meaningless words. Please everybody else do the same - night duty is very boring if you don't all update your blogs every 5 minutes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor bec :( hope your shift ends soon and that you can get some decent rest.

6:57 am  
Blogger appletopping said...

*hug*
One more night down... How many more to go?

Then you can apply for a job near (in) Brissie, and not do nights again. :)

2:25 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

4 more nights to go:( *sigh* I wish I were still asleep... but I woke up and I can't get back to sleep. I will apply for jobs in an around brisbane... but I might not accept them:(

3:41 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

"yummy rum and raisin fudge" - FlourMan rocks!

Try not to do anything hazardous until you can get some rest.



xxwwwvj
Okay, it is just me.

5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home