.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm a headless woman, I'm a hurricane

(title quote from "hurricane" by Lisa Loeb)


I bought a new coat. It is not quite as interesting as my last coat, being a charcoal cashmere/wool blend rather than tweed. I took a photo but there wasn't much light (so probably will still look like a candle...) so it just looks like a person in black (without a head or legs). Sometimes I wonder if rather than always taking photos with my computer, I should invest in a new digital camera. We have lent our old one to Matt's mum, as we haven't really been using it.


I took a few photos from our back yard prior to lending it to her though. So here is a photo of the gardens we built to grow food. You can see over the one closest to the camera that I had to put some cardboard with alfoil up to reflect sunlight onto it as it wasn't getting enough light and the plants weren't growing.

I am being called upon to help do some cleaning. Which is ever so sad as I hate cleaning... Soon I will do some proper blogging!

8 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

awesome garden, i'm impressed with your use of aluminium foil.

i like the lisa loeb reference, i still listen to that song, it's great.
and a very nice coat you've bought. hope it keeps you warm and toasty in melbourne:)

7:56 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Hey, One of those plants looks like....never mind. :-)

What I can see of the coat looks nice. Yah, no head, no legs, but this time you have hair! Maybe it got loose in the hurricane. ;-)

10:43 am  
Blogger Rach said...

NIce coat, nice garden, nice song, nice person - fits really doesn't it

3:10 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Becky - the new coat is slightly warmer.

Thanks Rachem:)

8:20 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I was waiting for somebody else to say something, but no one has. Are we going to talk about the fire-engine red sofa? ;-)

See you can't take the fun out of everything. I can make my own fun out of just about anything.



Anybody out there with fillings ever chew on a bit of foil?

3:21 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

The fire-engine red sofa is one of those sacrifices one makes when trying to buy the cheapest unused futon one can buy (when I left brisbane we pretty much got rid of half our stuff so we didn't have to move them...). Incidently if you've seen the episode of House where he sees this child in clinic with a red rash and he asks the worried mum "what colour is your couch" and she says "red" and House asks if the kid likes to go watch tv on the couch after his bath, and the mum says yes, and then House washes off the red dye that's on the kid..... Well lets just say - it happens, although in my defence, I knew I had red dye from the couch on me! (I had red dye in big long stripes down my back and front because my hair is long and was wet)

I haven't had fillings since I was a kid, but I know what you mean.

3:55 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Oh, this reminds me of a really bad joke involving Cheetos and.....uh, never mind. :-)





be the qx
btheqx

Not as cool as tritviz

3:53 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

They were in my baby teeth, and I've never needed any since:)

I'm intrigued by the cheetos joke...

9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home