.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Journey of Words

Impetuous as a child
I felt like I had a secret power
I knew that words were a weapon
And to my shame
I took pleasure
In the shaping and sharpening
Of these painful scarring creatures
I felt like they were
The one place I had control
And yet, I never controlled them
I let them fly thoughtlessly
Yet aimed them to hurt
The people I loved
Taking out my frustrations
Trying to make an impact
A foolish child
Thinking I was wise

I remember now
The words that have hurt me
The words that have shaped me
The people who said them
And I wonder which of mine
Hit their targets
And how I am remembered

And today I am trying
Not to wound
To tame this thing inside
That seeks and loves
Conflict
I still have days
Where I believe
It is the only way
I can wake someone else's mind
But slowly I feel
I'm starting to take back
The ground
And I'm trying to change
My secret power
To shape words of healing
And I hope these shapes
Will make an impact

9 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

And she's smart too.

12:08 pm  
Blogger timmar said...

Wow, this is an amazing piece.

Also, in unrelated news I do in fact live. Amazing as it may be ^_^

Glad to read that things are going well (ish anyway ;p).

Shall try to make time to drop by more often.

Toodles *waves*

2:08 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Thanks Becky:)
Pitfinder - I looovvvveee to win:)

TIMMARRRRRR - You must blog more you naughty boy! I can't make comments on Deviantart and it is so frustrating because I have much to say!

8:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely heartfelt poem Bec. And I can totally relate. It's amazing how a couple of words, especially at a young age, can shape your beliefs. And at an older age can be cutting, highly effective weapons of minute but devastating destruction.

12:54 am  
Blogger timmar said...

I blogged specially for you oh Beccles ^_^

Enjoy ;)

12:25 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

It's on its way.

1:46 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Thanks Suze... Miss your blog

timmar, I'm flattered:)

Pitfinder:) I got it, have been busy at work, but will read soon!

11:01 am  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I imagine I'll hear about it when you reach the ending. It's that way on purpose, but lots of people don't quite see why.

I think you're smart enough to get it.

12:05 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I heard from Suze, she seems okay, but has stopped blogging, don't have details.

You should post a new thing soon, comments are really starting to pile up on this one. :-)

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home