.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bath


Bath
Steam rises in a small space
With nowhere to escape
Feeling too warm on this cold night
Is just what I wanted
And bubbles spill over the edges
Piling high around the candles
Flames eat at the bubbles
Creating hollow cathedrals of foam
The smell of cinnamon
The site of orange light
Dancing in swirls of steam
Relaxes my soul

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I wasn't making fun of the camera angle, rather the Ichabod Crane type photo. (Headless horseman sort of thing. No legs either.) :-)

I was surprised to learn (a while back) that candles and baths seem to be a major cause of fires. I knew about dryer lint, but it seems that water wouldn't be a fire hazard. As long as you're careful...enjoy.

1:43 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

sigh, baths are wonderful things. one day i will live in a house with a bath in it again - i do remember the joyous feeling though :)

4:59 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

My dad used to always think i'd burn the house down when I played with matches and candles.... I think having candles in the bath is one of my safer fire ventures:)

10:09 am  
Blogger Jade said...

mmm, Muppit sent me two gorgeous smelling candles and I light them for every bath...candles are a bath must!

12:01 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Do you have a better lit picture? This doesn't look much like a coat. :-) With or without legs.
I'd also like to take a moment and apologize to any and all headless people out there who might have been offended by my careless remarks.

12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home