.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Black Book

Tonight there are things I wish I could share, but I don't have what I need. I don't have the heart or the technology. Who would understand anyway. Even if your eyes had seen what I've seen. Even if I could put those things here. Even if you'd been by my side. You would not have had the same experience I had. Because none of us are starting at the same baseline. So when I look back, when I see the evidence preserved. When my emotions rise and I think "I wish I could share these things", I now realise it would be a false hope, a hope that I could replicate in your heart, what is in mine. So I will stop sighing for a scanner, so I could share the dark corners with you all, for the dark corners would merely be absorbed.

4 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I have a couple scanners lying around, but if memory serves me, you're on a Mac and might not find them useful. Alas, my intentions were good. (By the way, what's your screen resolution? It always comes up 'unknown'.)

3:19 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Well in a display of ignorance I'm going to admit I'm not quite sure I understand the question. As far as I can tell my screen resolution is 1440 x 900, is that what you were wanting to know (not sure how it's relevant)? I think it's a little early in the morning for me still.... only 9am. The other problem with your scanners would be the continent they're on:) I'm thinking I might try and raid my parentals!

9:21 am  
Blogger intentionally left blank said...

it would be interesting to know what percentage of the human experience is completely ineffable, were such an investigation possible

9:51 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

In some ways all of it and none of it is... Everything is unique in the way we experience it, and yet to quote someone greater then I "there is nothing new under the sun... all is weariness".

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home