.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Thwarted

I am being thwarted today. It is a day full of it. The thing bothering me the most right now is their keyboards aren't exactly the same, so everytime I try to do a capital letter, I type a backslash! The @ key is to the right of my pinky as is the # key. But lets start at the beginning (although it is only 9.30am here so truth be told, I guess I can't call it a day full of being thwarted.

I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom and washed my hands, washing my hands worked for three seconds, then there was no water. I tried all the taps in the house, no water. I rang the Porter - the whole area doesn't have water, happened sometime last night (hopefully it happened after my clothes were washed but I can't be sure, so I'm acting in good faith that they're clean). This means: I can't have a shower, or a cup of tea, or a glass of water, or clean my teeth or wash my face. All I have to eat is toast, and you can't eat toast without fluids, so I get dressed, put my shoes on and call my parents, say hello, and decide to go to the pub, I figure I'll just have enough time for it. I start for the door, and I hear this rushing noise. I go back and turn the tap on - there's water! But now I literally don't have time to have a shower (I feel so crap for not having a shower), so I wash my face grab a cup of tea and two pieces of toast then rush of to uni. DAMN IT EVERYTIME I TRY TO PRESS RETURN I TYPE #!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, rushing to uni has turned out to be the big waste of time. I got here paged the guy who said "I don't have time now, come back tomorrow morning" and he doesn't answer. So I page the registrar. He's on a ward round, he says page this other registrar. I don't have their pager number so I ring switchboard and get it and then page them. Then the SHO or whatever they're called from the day before finally returns my page. He's on a ward round too, I should try paging him at 2. Not that there is nothing for me to do between now and then, there are lectures - BUT I COULD HAVE HAD A BLOODY SHOWER!!!!

Oh well, hopefully the day improves.

The cool thing is that they have two computers in the library exclusively for the use of elective students and clinical attachments. And it's in the old books room, so they like to keep the temperature and humidity all stable and you shut the door and you're all on your own surrounded by cool old books. It is nice in here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home