.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

soon to pommyland

Well I'm off to pommyland in two days. Exams are over and it is all good (I didn't do well in them, but quite frankly I'm so glad it's over I just don't care, in 6 weeks when I get my results the relief of being finished will have ended and I'll be upset). At first it will be Tink (see above link) and then the wonderful sally shall be there:) The only sad point on the horizon is 3 weeks of separation from Matt:( But I'm sure I can convince Sally to make tea for me..... Can't I???

The other day I was in the bank with mum and dad getting some traveller's cheques for england and I got a call from matthew saying he was going to an autopsy. When I hopped off the phone, without thinking I said to mum and dad "Matt's going to an autopsy to collect a brain for the dark side". Now just to explain, Matt's doing a PhD and he works in two separate labs, so to clarify where he'll be for the day he'll say that he's going to the dark side (which is the biochem lab) or he's in his normal lab. And it's just what I automatically say. However I think it made the bank person think I was a little scary and my attempts to clarify and make myself sound normal didn't help (phrases like "I've never been to an autopsy, in fact I've never even seen a dead body that wasn't all full of formaldehyde"). Oh well.

I think the film we just developed is probably dry, so I might wander away to do contact prints.

1 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

erm... ask andrew if the tea i make is any good. ;) hrm, do you like sugar or honey? :| milk or black? :| as long as you don't ask for coffee, i think i could probably make you tea (or find the nearest starbucks :D)

matt the darksider... sounds like an unscary but cool supervillain.

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home