.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Missing Out

Didn't see the leaves march pass
Their progression of colours
Didn't see the plants dress themselves
With flowers, bees and butterflies
Didn't see the sky go dark
And light and grey
Didn't see the stormclouds roll in
And take the dust away
-----
At least if I had of been studying the way I should have been studying that would all be true. But the fact of the matter is that I spent some time outside photographing some flowers. And I met a little bearded dragon sitting on a bush. But I still do feel I've missed the turning of the seasons a little this year, spent much too much time inside!

Yesterday I met the biggest blue tongue I've ever seen - he was so big he didn't even pretend to be scared of me. He just waltzed across the road (as much as any lizard waltzes) hissing as he came (walking right towards us) to tell us to move. When I tried to slow him down so Jett and Jasmine could have a look at him, which I did by holding the little cardboard box I had in front of him, he just kept walking and knocked it aside with his nose as if to say, not only am I undeterred, but I'm not even going to acknowledge your existence. He didn't hurry along, but nor did he allow himself to be stopped. When he got to his destination (a garden with some bushes) he turned, looked at us puffed himself up a little (mostly because Jett was sticking his face right down next to the blue tongues saying look at the lizard, look at the lizard) and hissed a little, than just started exploring the garden.

1 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

it's sad to miss out on the weather outside
sometimes we have to do what we have to do
days come and go, plan for a future, time abide

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home