.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Calamity Jane..... or Rebecca

It is funny that here in London I have somehow become completely brilliant at calamity. Now I actually haven't had an awful day today, it's been a good day really. However there were still things that went wrong. Hard to imagine that now as I sit here drinking my egyptian mint tea and eating my natural orange lindt chocolate (imagine jaffas but with really yummy chocolate in them). First off was as I was travelling to uni when I had the sudden realisation I'd left my wallet by the phone - not a big disaster, I had a tube ticket (which is how I'd manage to get so far without my wallet) and I could survive without lunch. Surviving without lunch would have been easier perhaps if I'd taken the time to eat breakfast this morning... However then I went to an outpatients clinic where the consultant and the other doctor were really very friendly and saw some interesting patients. Had a chat about drugs and the genetics of epilepsy blah blah blah, but I enjoyed it. Mentioned to the other doctor there (I think the consultant persons underling) that I'd forgotten my wallet, she insisted on lending me money so I bought lunch. Called my registrar on the ward, she was busy, went to the library etc came home.

Then I'm sitting at home and I notice something odd about my watch. It has a new trick. The second hand stays completely still for four seconds, then it skips forward four seconds. So it's keeping time, but doing it in a rather sick fashion...... I'm only a little worried as I've been playing with the date a lot. I can't make it change at the right time, so i'm never sure if it's actually displaying the right date - which is quite a pain. I hope it's not dying on me (hopefully just a battery). I blame Sally. I think it caught a virus off her watch, which also has had little fits of dying lately (although possibly it has retired now).

Blaming Sally is fun (she's not here, so I can get away with it).

I think that's all really, I guess there wasn't really many calamities today.... but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home