.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A full day of messing things up

Well apart from being humiliated in front of a room of 30-40 medical students/doctors/electives/who knows today, I have managed to also screw a few other things up as well. Knowing that things weren't exactly going my way today I decided to cook Sally and myself dinner (for her side of the story go to appletopping). So I decide in the lack of recipes and matt I'll have to cook something that never fails - honey and mustard chicken. Seriously, it doesn't matter if you can't quite remember amounts, you just stick in mustard, honey and curry powder and it just tastes delicious. Only it turns out that nothing is unbreakable. It also turns out that if you go into the supermarket, look at an unfamiliar range of mustards and think to yourself "how different can mustard be" you're wrong. English mustard isn't mustard. I opened it up stuck it in the pan and the overwhelming smell of wasabi came to me. This is because english mustard is horseradish - which isn't really what I was going for!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, who puts wasabi (which is effectively what it was - just yellow not green) in a jar and calls it mustard!!! BLOODY ENGLISH.

So I messed up dinner, we managed to eat it but Sally will never understand the joy of honey and mustard chicken. Then I quite accidently decapitated our sheep. That's all I'm saying on the matter and I think it should be Sally's job to vacuum him up.

It's not been a brilliant day for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home