.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Waiting for the Beep-Beep

I am here again
Unsure how to lie down
How to rest
Wishing I could just let go
Into the oblivion
Of unconsciousness
But superstitiously
I'm afraid to commit
Sure that by the very act
Of believing in sleep
I am inviting disaster

3 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

HEY, WAKE UP! (sorry) :-)

You can bug me all you want. :-) I just figured I'd put updates on the bottom so you could turn your rapier wit to other things as well. We wouldn't want you to get overly uptight about any one particular issue like, say, plastic bags or something.
(Just teasing Matt!)

12:03 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

or they page you to put a drip in, and when you get to the ward, the drip's already there and working well...

or they just page you and you can't understand their accent so you go over to the ward and it was nothing... absolutely nothing...

6:13 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Or they page you about a patient you have no idea who is, and when you ask who's patient they are and they tell you and you say, well I'm O&G, they're not my patient, they say I know they're not your patient, and they keep trying to explain the antibiotics to you, and you keep saying you have the wrong person. Until eventually they give up and put their supervisor on, and you say to their supervisor "I'm O&G" and she says, well we've paged the wrong person then.

Or you fall for the oldest trick in the book and when they page you and say, pt needs urgent RV please come to the ward, you go straight to the ward, only to discover they paged the wrong person.

9:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home