.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Smile A Rented Smile

"Dreams are not enough to win a war
Out here they're always keeping score
Beneath the tan the battle rages
Smile a rented smile, fills someone's glass
Kiss someone's wife, kiss someone's arse
We do whatever pays the wages"
------ Sunset Boulevard - from the musical Sunset Boulevard

Isn't it funny how much a song about someone sleeping with someone else for money reminds me of being a doctor? I often find myself singing this as I travel to and from work.

1 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I've always wondered where doctors rent those smiles. :-)

I left a little thing at the bottom of my latest post. The little number is today. The other number should be around 60,000 before I can tweak it and run it past me first readers as a failsafe.

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home