.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, December 05, 2005

cigar experiment

Well I wanted to hop straight on to my blog sunday morning to share my little cigar experiment, but alas I got called into work. I had to assist at theatre (spinal ortho - sticking screws into spines attaching rods and stuff to support where the fractured vertebrae wasn't supporting). Took hours and hours, and because we had to wear lead due to all the xraying, I was very warm and exhausted.

But saturday night we went out to the engagement party then we came home and decided to try the whole "smoking a cigar while you drink port helps to develop the flavour of the port". So we sat out on our veranda, giggling like naughty children, and smoking a cigar and drinking port (we tried to avoid inhaling - we could just imagine all the throat and lung cancer and the hardening arteries from what we were doing). It was kind of fun (although smelly). I think the jury is still out on whether it actually does change the flavour of the port. Sadly, we didn't even get through one whole cigar between the two of us (mostly because we would have had to go and get more port to have with it), but I think it will give us a chance to try it with another port.

Smoke tendrils
Curling around us
A screen of privacy
Can they see us?
Let's not see them
Pretend we're alone
In a world full
Smoke tendrils

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home